Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Standing On Your Head

Last night Tin Man and I went to Mid-Atlantic Gymnastics to receive some much needed gymnastics skills training. The staff there is great and Richard, the owner, had a lot of fun teaching us old guys some cool tricks. I look forward to incorporating some of the things we learned into our workouts. It certainly opened my eyes to other weakness I have and need to work on. (No comments please Tin Man) One can definitely see why CrossFit incorporated gymnastics movements into their program. You quickly understand that gymnasts use some very different muscle groups then someone who does a more traditional GPP or weight training program.

Other News
Our new members Ryan and Neil are blazing through our fundamentals program and they should be meeting some of our benchmark WODs by the end of next week. These guys are progressing at an amazing pace. Ryan, who was already a Kool-aid drinker, is developing his form nicely and is itching to have his intensity challenged. Neil walked in being challenged by the warm-up. In just a few sessions Neil has not only improved his fitness level but is starting to see why CrossFit stands out from other programs. At the rate these guys are going I might just be taking 3 people to the CrossFit Games qualifiers next year. You guys are doing great and I'm glad you decided to join our little gym.

Events
UFC 97 is happening on April 18th and I would like to invite everyone to come by to watch the event. Thales Leites will be fighting Anderson Silva for the middleweight belt. It should be a great fight so let me know if you are interested.

Also happening this month is the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Games Qualifiers. Tin Man and I will be traveling down to Virginia on Friday the 24th so I will not be available for training that day.

Last Word
I purchased a flat bench this week so now we should no longer need to step into a Globo Gym to do any WODs like Linda or Lynne. For now that only leaves a GHD as the last major piece of equipment left to buy. I think once that is completed I will be trying to save some money for the affiliation fee. Right now my goal is to be able to affiliate by the end of the year.

Also, I will be taking orders for shirts this week. On the front it will say "Havoc Fitness" and the back says "Wreaking Havoc in your community" with the website link underneath. These are high quality shirts so they will run about $40 each but they are well worth the money. I can email you the design if you would like a better idea of what these will look like. Let me know by Friday if you want one and what size so I can place the order.

No comments:

Post a Comment