Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Havoc Fitness Progress Report

CrossFit Games
Not much is going on this week for the gym.  Craig, aka "Tin Man", is back from his week off and is gearing up for the CrossFit Games mid-atlantic qualifier.  With only 95 days to go we'll have a lot of ground to cover in order to make sure he is ready to be a top contender.

Training
This week looks to be a light week for us here due to me overtraining myself and "Tin Man" still recovering from his recent operation.  On the bright side of things it allows me to spend more time on developing the business and working towards my goal of affiliating.  I think it will take longer then I initially expected because CrossFit has raised their affiliate fees to $2000.  Hopefully we can grow our members over the coming months and start saving for the many expenses we'll have to pay for.  I've also been given some tasks from Amanda at CrossFit Frederick who has been great in mentoring me on my journey.  Without her guidance I would be totally lost.  If you can get out to Frederick you should stop by and check out their facility.  They have a wonderful group of people there and I wish them the very best and many PRs in the coming year.

Events
Our first event for the year will be the annual JDRF walk to cure diabetes.  I will be posting our team link soon so people can make donations.  Our goal for this year is $2000 and I'm hoping that we can surpass that.  This is a very personal issue for us so we are very dedicated to doing everything we can to finding a cure.  In true CrossFit fashion I'm thinking we might have a celebratory WOD to launch the occasion.  I'll keep you posted on the details and how you can get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment