Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just another week


I haven't updated this blog in awhile mostly due to being busy with work (my normal 9 to 5) and family.  Tin Man and I are ramping up his training to get ready for the Mid-Atlantic qualifiers.  We are seeing some major breakthroughs with his training and I feel pretty confident that he will place pretty well.

My beautiful wife Sheri is finally starting to commit to the CrossFit program; but she remains frustrated that she is in the learning phase and wants to take on more difficult challenges.  I think that she is still trying to understand what CrossFit is all about and is not accustomed to routines that use multi-joint movements as opposed to bodybuilding workouts that are isolated and focus on one muscle group at a time.  I keep trying to tell her to be patient and allow herself to develop her form before we look at increasing her intensity.  

On the business side of things I have started a draft of my business plan.  It is still mostly empty space but I'm slowly starting to fill in the blanks.  I'm very thankful to have Amanda and Dave from CrossFit Frederick to help guide me through this process.

And finally the biggest news I discovered today was that doctors have discovered that senior citizens who exercise can improve their health.  Who knew?  Check here for this breaking story.

No comments:

Post a Comment